Depending on what you do when you visit any Web site, you are providing information about your visit to the site’s operators. This includes TripTogether.com. We value privacy and think you do too, so we want you to have the information you need to make your own decisions about your personal privacy. When you visit or supply information to any Web site, we think it’s a good idea for you to first understand what that site’s privacy policies are. If the site doesn’t tell you, don’t hesitate to ask.
Read more about how your personal information is managed:
- What personal information we collect and how we use your information. Our policy regarding information sharing.
- How you can decide what communication you’ll receive from us.
- How you can control the use of your personal information.
- How we protect the security of your personal information.
- Customer Service and Recourse
How to contact TripTogether.com.
- What personal information we collect:
- When you visit the TripTogether.com Web site, we capture the Internet provider’s domain name and country that you came from (e.g., 'aol.com') and the paths taken as you move from page to page (i.e., your «click stream» activity).
- Visitor Registration or Requests for Information:
- TripTogether.com only collects personal information that you choose to provide voluntarily when using or registering with the TripTogether.com site. «Personal information» includes information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name or email address; and, in the case of affiliate agreements, your name and company name. While you can browse our site without registering, you will need to register in order to take advantage of certain features.
TripTogether.com uses cookie technology as part of our Web site’s statistical reporting. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a site may need to personalize your experience (i.e., rotating images on TripTogether.com home page) and to gather Web site statistical data, such as which pages are visited, what is downloaded, the internet provider’s domain name and country that our visitors come from (e.g. 'aol.com,' or 'umich.edu') and the addresses of sites visited immediately before, and after, coming to TripTogether.com. However, none of this is associated with you as an individual. It is measured only in aggregate. The information in the cookies lets us trace your «click stream» activity (i.e., the paths taken by visitors to our site as they move from page to page. Cookies do not capture your individual email address or any private information about you.
We also use standard Web server log files to help us count visitors and evaluate our site’s technical capacity. We use this information to find out how many people visit TripTogether.com, help us arrange the pages in the most user-friendly way, keep the site browser-friendly, and to make our pages more useful to our visitors. We record information on site traffic but not information on individual visitors to our site, so no information about you in particular will be kept or used.
To browse without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the «Help» menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- How we may use information we collect:
We may use information to:
- Arrange the Web site in the most user-friendly way;
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Customize your browsing experience of this Web site;
- Communicate special offers and featured items to you, if you choose to receive such notices;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our website, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website;
- Respond to your question or suggestions.
- Email, Mailing Lists, and Other Services:
When you send us an email, we use your email address to thank you for your comment and/or reply to your question, and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. Beyond our initial reply, we will never use your email address to send you any unsolicited message or information, nor will we share it with or sell it to anyone else for such use.
You may also daily receive any combination of our email newsletters, account updates, or special offers targeted to your interests sent to you by TripTogether.com
Please be aware that scammers sometimes create fake emails or fake accounts that look like they’re from TripTogether. These emails often:
- Offer things that sound too good to be true (For example: You’ve won the TripTogether Lottery)
- Asking you for money for customs tax
- Claim to be a TripTogether administrator or staff
If any email looks suspicious do not click any of the links in it, open any attachments or respond to that messages. Please forward the email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for our team to look into it further.
- Linking To Other Sites:
- Our policy regarding sharing of information:
Service Providers: We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing emails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us storage and analysis; (d) provide fraud prevention; and (e) provide other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in our agreements with them.
Other Companies: We may provide information to carefully selected outside companies when we believe their products or services may be of interest to you.
Business Transitions: We may transfer or share a copy of personal information about you in the event that TripTogether.com or one of its properties, affiliates, or subsidiaries goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
- Age Restrictions
- Children under eighteen years of age are prohibited from using Our Websites. We do not target our sites or services to children under the age of 18, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18 will be purged from our database.
TripTogether.com may periodically send you email messages describing updates, new features, or promotional offers related to this Web site. You can choose to stop receiving this email at any time.
To unsubscribe email us at email@example.com. You can also follow the 'unsubscribe' instructions and link provided with each email or as we otherwise provide.
- Updating Your Information
To modify or delete your personal information, simply follow the instructions:
- Log into your account;
- Select My Account on TripTogether.com´s Main Page;
- Scroll down and select My Profile;
- Edit your personal information;
- Select Save.
Also you can send your request to our Support Team, and we will make the requested changes.
The security of your personal information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. TripTogether.com uses firewalls and has security measures in place at its physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Web site.
TripTogether.com has VeriSign and McAfee secure certificates demonstrating that the site is fully tested, approved and certified by these two leading security systems. You are protected from any virus, identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, or online scam on our site.
Customer Service and Recourse
Contacting the Website
Please note that whenever you submit any information to us in connection with any TripTogether.com related services, you consent to TripTogether.com's processing of this information in the United States/Russia as necessary to provide the services in which you are participating.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
This privacy statement was last revised on October 21, 2016.